This is part of my series of experimenting with cauliflower. I've found that cauliflower is kind of like tofu – you can add pretty much any flavor to it that you want, and the cauliflower does a good job of carrying it.
The measurements here are rough. Add more or less depending on your taste.
- 1 head of cauliflower, about 1.25 lbs.
- 1/2c. high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2T za'atar
- 1T sumac
- 1T Aleppo pepper
- Himalayan sea salt or Flake salt, to taste
- Break or cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Put the cauliflower in a bowl with the olive oil and spices.
- Toss the cauliflower in the bowl, using your hands, and massage the paste into the cauliflower for a couple of minutes. You want as much to get into/onto the cauliflower as possible.
- Roast, on an uncrowded sheet pan, in an oven set at 425F (220C), for 20-30 minutes until quite tender but not too soft.
- Add salt to taste.