Sometimes I follow a keto diet, and when I do, this flavor profile makes me happier than most of the bacon-laced recipes on the internet. This recipe has red peppers in it, which aren't super low carb, so don't trust me on whether or not this is truly a keto recipe.
- 1/2c cream cheese (I love Violife vegan cream cheese, even though I'm an omnivore)
- 1/4c muhammara (A good recipe from Ottolenghi, or one from me)
- 3T extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 olives, sliced or chopped
- 1/4c walnuts, chopped
- 1T za'atar
- 1t Aleppo Pepper
- Mix the cream cheese, muhammara, olive oil and olives in a bowl.
- Roll into about 8 equal balls.
- Roll in walnuts.
- Dust with za'atar and Aleppo pepper
Makes 8. Approximately 9g fat each.